May 2, 2008

A Non-Campaign Rally

Well it's First Friday here in Knoxville, another one of the reasons I love downtown some much, where people from all over come in to downtown to look at art, visit the shops and enjoy themselves.

Tonight I plan on browsing a few galleries myself, but at around 9:00 my friend Drew Holcomb of Nashville will be playing a show at Patrick Sullivan's. And he has been kind enough to allow me to pass out flyer's about the campaign there.

Drew is a perfect example of people who I disagree with on many issues, yet highly respect for his opinion and intelligence. I feel that this skill could be useful again on county commission. No more factioning, with the sheriff or against the mayor or whatever all that non-sense was, I simply hope to serve downtown and the surrounding communities by putting their needs first and fighting for our fair share of what county government offers.

This means a real change to the schools in our area, not just more funding, but new ideas on how to encourage under performing schools and the students there. This means not letting things like baseball stadiums, new hotels, and other development opportunities be missed because of greediness or ignorance on the part of our leadership.

It's time to choose our direction for Knoxville. Are we content with where we were, or are head striving to become what we hope to be?

~ js

Write In Spellings

No comments: