April 22, 2008

A Milestone for the Campaign

Yesterday a monumental event in this campaign transpired, I had an interview published.

The Knoxville-Knox County Focus, a local weekly, was the first of the media sources to discover this campaign. Brian Paone, who also subsequently runs politicalknoxville.com, sought me out at a local event and asked me for an interview. I was more than happy to oblige and now my words are in print.

For me this is a big moment because it takes the credibility of others to validate a political run. Let's be honest, if no one supports you you're not winning and if you can't get your message out no one will support you.

What is humbling to me is the fact that thoughtful, concerned people actually accept that I have a valid point to make in this race. Through my efforts to bring a semblance of sanity back into the system, I have been able to connect with my fellow citizens and that has made all the difference.

If you are interested in what I said, here is the link to the pdf version of the article (it's on 4B or page 10 when you are scrolling) or you can pick up a copy at many places downtown, including Downtown Grill and Brewery, among other places.

No comments: