April 1, 2008

My Cause and Commitment

I have a problem.

Like many of you, I take issue with the way our county government has been run. It is full of people who have abused their power, their position, and the trust of those they claim to serve. Hardly anyone have spoken with would say they have confidence in the county government to serve and function in a way that seeks after the best interest of the community.

The First District has a problem as well. I don't know Mr. McKenzie, I don't seek to smear him or degrade him. However, I believe many people feel the way I do about the entire situation. Mr. McKenzie is in the unfortunate position of having been appointed by county commission at a time when few still trust their judgment.

My campaign, my motivation, is based upon the understanding that we need change in the District and in the County. There comes a time when the status quo becomes a hindrance and only dramatic change can appropriately address the needs of government. A write-in candidate winning office would be such a dramatic event.

I am an independent candidate, not only in party, but also in application. I have no loyalties to anyone on commission, or in county government for that matter. I want to see downtown and central city continue to grow and improve while maintaining the wonderful community we all enjoy.

The people of the First District should know that their county commission representative is loyal to them and is focused solely on the issues we face. Honesty, Commitment, and Independence is what I offer you as your county commissioner.

Write in Spellings, Write out Nepotism

No comments: